mercoledì, giugno 20, 2007

37signals news: three people who visualize data in fascinating ways

I thought this excerpt from the latest 37 signals newsletter was pretty neat: Infoviz Fireside Chat: http://tinyurl.com/2fawad.

*

[Fireside Chat] Jonathan Harris, Aaron Koblin, and Marcos Weskamp (37signals)

The latest chat is with three people who visualize data in fascinating ways…

Jonathan Harris (Daylife, We Feel Fine, etc.)
“My work uses the Internet as a means of studying the human world. It’s one part anthropology, one part computer science, and one part visual art.”

Aaron Koblin (The Sheep Market, Flight Patterns, etc.)
“I’m not a scientist, not a statistician, not a graphic designer…I suppose that makes me an Artist.”

Marcos Weskamp (Flickrgraph, Newsmap, etc.)
“I think the reason why infoviz is so interesting for me is because it gives me a little bit of every world…art, visual problem solving and engineering.”