mercoledì, ottobre 01, 2008

Flash CS3 and Trace

This isn’t earth-shattering, but it doesn’t hurt to make a note.

I started noticing that the “trace” function was not sending any information to the Flash output panel, and began to investigate. Ultimately, in my case, the error is that trace does not work in Flash CS3 when publishing for AIR. From Adobe Labs: “When testing your movie with trace, no output is sent in the output panel. Use debug movie to view trace statements.”

Adobe documentation mentions another, simpler occurrence (that I could picture myself doing by accident): you can actually shut off the output intentionally. The output panel contains a menu drop down that includes a “Filter Level” option. There are only two choices: none and verbose. None truly is none!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

there is a great tool for debugging flash projects though: check out here:
my Blog

or here:
my Blog

11/19/2008 8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonimo said...

sorry, second link should be:
arthropod

11/19/2008 8:47 AM  

Posta un commento

<< Home